Sunday, January 24, 2010

Did the whole loop!


The rain stopped long enough for me to head for the hills and get back on the magical Huckleberry Trail. The ridges in the cross cut rock just before the parking lot were glinting in the sun. (must find out what kind of rock it is!) As I walked in, two women were walking out, and the first one said, "It's all sparkly!" The sun was glistening on the rain soaked moss, the ferns, the live oaks bending over the trail. For the first time ever, I managed to walk the whole loop, only 2.7 miles, but for a senior citizen with arthritic knees a great accompishment. A bit more steep inclines than I'm used to!

But it was so worth every ache and pain! Like many others, I've been really depressed about Haiti, the economy, the Supreme Court's ruling about campaign financing, the Massachusetts election -- yeah that about covers it -- and good ole Mama Nature is a great psychiatrist! With so much beauty, so close by, it's just plain idiotic to ignore it. As I limped to my car, I was full of joy. How lucky to live in such a beautiful place!

No comments:

Post a Comment